The August 2020 Annual CAPACS Board Meeting will be Conducted via Secure Zoom Videoconference
On Tuesday, April 28th, 2020, Meeting Services for the American Sociological Association (ASA) notified the Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology (CAPACS or the Commission) of the cancellation of the 115th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in San Francisco in August due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, please consult the official ASA conference cancellation statement from Executive Director, Dr. Nancy Kidd.
Accordingly, the Commission will conduct a secure Zoom videoconference (with password and waiting room enabled) for the August 2020 Annual CAPACS Board Meeting in lieu of the face-to-face Board meeting at ASA in San Francisco.
Please click on the Doodle link to indicate your preferred dates between Monday, August 10th and Friday, August 14th, 2020, for participating in the August 2020 Annual CAPACS Board Meeting via secure Zoom Videoconference.
In consideration of our colleagues who reside on the West Coast of the United States and in Johannesburg, South Africa, the scheduled time for the four-hour meeting is 12:00 - 4:00 PM, Eastern (11:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Central; 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Mountain; and 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Pacific), which corresponds to 6:00 - 10:00 PM, for Johannesburg, South Africa.
CAPACS Annual Board Meeting at ASA in San Francisco -- Cancelled
Event Name: 2020 CAPACS Board Meeting: Commission on the Accreditation of Programs in Applied and Clinical Sociology
Event Date and Time: Monday, August 10; 6:30—10:30 PM
Facility: Hilton San Francisco Union Square (333 O’Farrell Street; San Francisco, CA 94102; Tel: +1-415-771-1400; FAX: +1-415-202-7798; To talk to a hotel expert, call: +1-855-786-4702)
Room Assignment: Union Square Room 9, at the San Francisco Hilton Union Square, Tower 3, Fourth Floor (see floor plan below)
Maps & Directions:
- Click here for directions to and from the Hilton San Francisco Union Square and San Francisco’s three major airports: San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), and San Jose International Airport (SJC), and other points.
- Click here to access ASA’s "Travel and Housing" web page and additional links to ASA conference hotels (Hilton San Francisco Union Square and Parc 55); and ground and public transportation options to and from SFO, OAK, and SJC, including Bay Area Rapid Transit – BART, available at all three major airports; and information for international travelers.
- Click here to use "ConferenceShare," ASA’s online connection service, to contact fellow attendees, find a roommate, share rides, and more. For additional information about "ConferenceShare," please visit ASA's Travel and Housing web page.
Local Attractions and Restaurants in San Francisco:
- Top 20 Rated Tourist Attractions in San Francisco (Planet Ware)
- Seven Great Restaurants in San Francisco (California Dream Big)
CAPACS Display Table
ASA will provide CAPACS with details on table space for displaying the Commission's literature, brochures, and informational materials at the ASA Annual Meeting closer to the conference date. Please bookmark this web page, or return to the CAPACS website, soon, for details.